List of items i'll need to know prior to going to the showroom
New Floor Survival Guide
Because flooring is The Floor Store's wheelhouse, we thought we’d provide some good information to help you prepare for what comes before, during and after installation day.
What's on Your Project Checklist?
Upgrading your home’s flooring and design is a rewarding endeavor, but don’t let anyone tell you it will be simple. There’s a lot to think about, and even if you have done large remodels in the past, each project is different.
At The Floor Store, we do everything we can to help our customers plan and execute their home remodels. We’ve been in the business for over 35 years, so we’ve seen it all. That’s why we put together this handy checklist we hope you’ll use for your next project.
- Plan Your Home Flooring Project
- Measure Your Space In Square Footage
- Determine Your Flooring Needs
- Get Inspired
- Figure Out Your Budget
- Research Flooring Companies & Request Samples
- Bring Your Vision To Life
- Set Your Plan & Stick To It
- Remove Furniture from Project Area
- Empty Closets & Pantries
- Kitchen: Remove Oven, Refrigerator & Dishwasher
- Countertops: Remove All Items
- Bathroom: Remove the Toilet
- Window Treatments: Draw Blinds, Lift or Remove Window Treatments
- Installations: Prepare an Area for Hardwood Acclimation. We’ll deliver your wood floor prior to install. Please prepare an area in your home for acclimation. Proper acclimation allows the moisture content of the wood to adjust to the conditions in the room. Acclimation times are shorter for both Laminate and Engineered floors.
- Plan to be home during the installation. It will ensure you can communicate well with your installation team and have any of your questions answered.
- If you’ve had discussions about doors and molding in advance, your installation team may take care of those needs (molding will need to be reinstalled and doors may need to be trimmed if they don’t clear your new carpet). If you not, you’ll want to consider having a professional install your baseboards and trim your doors.
- Allow 24 Hours Before Walking on Floors
- Allow 48 hours Before Placing Any Furniture & Pets on Floors
- Place Felt Pads on the Legs of ALL Furniture
- Allow One Week Before Placing Carpets or Other Area Rugs on Your Floors
- DO NOT use Water on Your Floors for One Week
If you have questions during your renovation project, please do not hesitate to ask The Floor Store. After the floors settle within 1-2 weeks, if there are any areas that need our attention, please contact us!