Vinyl Flooring Care & Maintenance
Questions About Luxury Vinyl Cleaning and Maintenance
How do I keep my luxury vinyl floors clean?
The beauty and life of your vinyl floors depend on how you care for them. Follow a proper cleaning routine to keep it looking great over time. A few easy steps can extend the life of your vinyl flooring solution.
TIPS FOR LUXURY VINYL CLEANING AND CARE
Caring for luxury vinyl tile floors is practically effortless. For routine cleaning, remove loose debris with a soft bristle broom, microfiber mop, or vacuum with a soft brush or wood floor attachment.
For occasional thorough cleaning, use a mop dampened with floor cleaner specifically formulated for luxury vinyl tile. For spot cleaning, use a damp cloth or sponge with a recommended cleaner.
Spills should always be cleaned immediately to avoid any residue, spots, or stains. Common products such as nail polish, red wine, and permanent markers can cause discoloration, so address any accidents right away.
10 TIPS FOR PROPER LUXURY VINYL TILE CARE
- Read the warranty. No one knows how to care for a luxury vinyl floor better than the people who made it, so follow the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Sweep or vacuum several times a week or more if conditions warrant. Abrasive dirt and grit tracked in may dull the finish over time in high-traffic areas.
- Use protective mats both inside and outside exterior entrances to catch dirt, debris, ice, and snow.
- Avoid rubber-backed mats that can discolor floors unless mats are specifically warranted as colorfast.
- Beater brushes on vacuum cleaners are not recommended because they may scratch the finish.
- Use felt protectors or heavy cardboard when moving furniture or appliances.
- Use non-staining nylon cups or glides under furniture legs to avoid permanent indentations.
- A mop and warm water are usually enough for a simple cleanup.
- Do not let a spill sit. Liquids, juices, red wine, or pet urine can stain if left unattended.
- Never use abrasive cleaning tools, cleaners, or compounds.