How do I keep my carpets clean?
The beauty and life of your carpet depends on how you care for it. Follow a proper cleaning routine to keep it looking great over time and extend the life of your carpeting.
TIPS FOR CARPET CLEANING AND CARE
- Vacuuming – Frequent vacuuming removes soil particles before they get below the surface of the pile. Vacuum at least once a week in light traffic area and use attachments to clean carpet edges and corners. Vacuum twice weekly in medium traffic areas. For heavy traffic or pet areas, it’s a good idea to vacuum daily.
- Spot Cleaning – Clean spots and spills quickly with products specifically formulated for your carpet type. Check your warranty for recommended carpet cleaning products.
- Deep Cleaning – Professionally deep clean your carpets every 12 to 18 months. The carpet cleaning equipment professionals use can extract dirt and grim more effectively than DIY rental units. The pros also know the correct cleaning agents to use for your carpet type.
- Stop Dirt at the Door – Place doormats both outside and inside entryways to trap dirt and moisture before it’s tracked into the home. Remember to clean your mats regularly too.
- Move Heavy Furniture – Occasionally move your furniture to change foot traffic patterns and avoid excessive carpet pile crushing. on occasion won’t just renew the feel of your room, it will also help avoid excessive pile crushing. Also consider using carpet protectors under the legs of tables, chairs and other furniture to help distribute the weight.
One of the best things you can do to care for your carpet is using quality padding beneath. The right carpet pad not only gives better resilience and comfort underfoot, it can extend the life of your carpet.