Cleaning Hardwood Floors and Wood Maintenance Videos
Cleaning Bay Area Wood Floors
- When refinishing hardwood floors always consult with a professional.
- Wipe up spills immediately.
- Vacuum, sweep or dust mop your hardwood floor once a week, or more, if needed.
- Use the correct floor cleaner.
- Use interior and exterior doormats at entrances to collect dirt and moisture and prevent them from being tracked onto your wood floor.
- Area rugs are recommended in front of kitchen sinks, at all pivot points and within high traffic areas. The rugs must
be made of a breathable material to prevent moisture entrapment.
- Hardwood flooring eventually will need a deep cleaning, a scrub & recoat and or a sanding and finish or a complete refinishing.
- To prevent surface damage, avoid rolling heavy appliances and furniture on your floors.
- Use furniture leg protector pads under all furniture legs.
- For stubborn stains like chewing gum or candle wax try using a credit card.
- Do not allow water to stand on your floor for any length of time – wipe up immediately.
- Do not allow furniture to rest on your hardwood flooring on small metal tips or hard domes.
Try our Free Bay Area In-Home Hardwood Flooring Design Consultation Services HERE